Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Stars...

Yesterday's post referred to my discovery of "many florescent stars glowing on the ceiling" on my berth.
I'm in contact with the sellers and I texted to thank them for the lovely surprise I saw when I turned off the berth-side lamp.
I received a text explaining the stars' genesis.
When their youngest girl was smaller (she's six now) her mother writes, "she hated going to bed while the bigger kids got to stay up. So, I stuck the stars on the ceiling and we would talk to the stars and make wishes about all the things she would do when she was big."
I love the image of a mom and daughter stargazing in what's now my floating home.
I'm big already, but I'll keep that tradition and stargaze, too. Why let age and size stop me from making wishes about all the things I'd still like to do?


Sunsets, and a sunrise, too

Let's begin the new year and the new decade with a celebration of the extraordinary.  Sunset from my boat, January 1, 2020. ...